Teen dies from using too much deodorant

Source: Alamy

A teenage boy has died from excess use of deodorant spray in United Kingdom.

Thomas Townsend would spray a can of deodorant a week all over his body instead of showering. The 16 year was found dead on August 29th last year outside his room by a staff member of the Red Lodge children’s home in Millfield, Folkestone. Paramedics were called to the sight but were unable to revive him.

The inquest at Folkestone Magistrates Court heard police found almost 45 empty cans of deodorant in his room.

His mother Sally Townsend told the inquest:

He would not take showers but would stand there with a deodorant and spray half the can on him. Then he would spray aftershave to cover up BO. He would go through a can a week. I didn’t know he had so many cans in his room but he was a big hoarder.

Thomas had been in a foster home for 5 years before moving to Red Lodge in February last year. He was to start college a few weeks after his unfortunate death.

So lads, use these deodorants responsibly. AND NO, THEY ARE NOT SUBSTITUTE TO SHOWERS!

Related Post

Tags: ,

Add Comment